One of the great difficulties for those traveling with children to Disney is to choose wisely the places that have the best food options for children at Disney.
On this post
Let's agree, if you went to disney Before having kids, I bet you were a little “lost” as to where eating, or ate in the first place he saw and then passed in another that seemed to be more interesting, or cheaper.
Anyway, if even alone it may have been frustrating in a way, with children it can become a nightmare.
Maybe you have a fussy little hungry who just want to eat rice and beans or steak and fries, or maybe yours son liked to eat Mickey waffles and just wants them now.
Regardless of the hundreds of possible cases that we are used to helping, we will try to give a big brush here in several options for you and your child to travel more peacefully and eat in the best possible and desired way!
Meal with Characters
The dining options with the characters are always excellent, not only because you and your children can have exclusive experiences with different characters, this can save you a lot of time in line inside some parks, because you will already be guaranteed an incredible encounter with your favorite disney characters, whether they are Mickey and his friends or the princesses.
We haven't done a detailed review for each of these restaurants yet, it's in our plans to even record some for our youtube channel on our next trip, and as soon as we release the posts we'll update this post.
Enjoy to follow our channel, so you can follow all the news that we filmed there and we release new videos every week.
- Cinderella's Royal Table (Magic Kingdom)
- Crystal Palace ? Buffet With Winnie the Pooh and Friends (Magic Kingdom ? Main Street, USA.)
- “Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast” with Ariel, Prince Eric, Rapunzel, and Flynn Rider at Trattoria al Forno (Disney's BoardWalk)
- Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (Epcot)
- Chef Mickey's Fun Time Buffet (Disney's Contemporary Resort)
- Good Morning Breakfast With Goofy and His Pals (Four Seasons)
- Best Friends Breakfast Featuring Lilo and Stitch at 'Ohana (Disney's Polynesian Resort)
- Dining With an Imagineer (Hollywood Studios)
- Dine With an Animal Specialist (Animal kingdom)
- Heigh-Ho, Heigh-Ho ? It's Off to Dinner We Go! (Disney's Wilderness Lodge)
- Tusker House Restaurant ? Dine With Safari Donald Duck (Animal Kingdom)
- Supercalifragilistic Breakfast (1900 Park Fare at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa)
- Wonderland Tea Party at 1900 Park Fare (Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa)
- Minnie's Beach Bash Breakfast at Cape May Cafe (Disney's Beach Club Resort)
- Disney's Perfectly Princess Tea (Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Dining)
- Chip 'n' Dale's Harvest Feast at Garden Grill Restaurant (Epcot ? Future World)
- Disney Junior Play 'n Dine (Hollywood Studios ? Echo Lake)
Fast food for children inside the parks
Here follows a simple list of the most “economical” and fast restaurants found along the parks, not all of the list below are of the quick service, we try to be very eclectic in the list and only indicate those that we know and that we like the most.
Among all the many options below, there are 2 that we love and I can't imagine a trip without them 2 and to make it even better, they are amazing to eat with. children.
The first of them is the Casey's Corner.
a restaurant in quick service style with classic hot dogs, he is very stylish fast food really, so if your child doesn't like it very much, he's not the best option for you.
Different from Satu'li Canteen, which despite having a complex name, has simple and wonderful food. There you choose a protein and a side dish and you can eat a “real” meal, excellent to escape the routine of hamburgers and fatty foods inside the park.
If your child likes to eat plated food instead of fast food, the Satu'li Canteen is an excellent recommendation for feeding children inside the parks.
- Be Our Guest Restaurant (Magic Kingdom)
- Kusafiri Coffee Shop & Bakery (Animal Kingdom)
- Avalunch (Blizzard Beach Water Park)
- Backlot Express (Hollywood Studios)
- ABC Commissary (Hollywood Studios)
- Dino Diner (Animal Kingdom)
- Woody's Lunch Box (Hollywood Studios)
- Flame Tree Barbecue (Animal Kingdom)
- Tortuga Tavern (Magic Kingdom)
- Casey's Corner (Magic Kingdom) ** We recommend
- Electric Umbrella (Epcot)
- Sunshine Seasons (Epcot)
- Satu'li Canteen (Animal Kingdom) ** We recommend
- The Lunching Pad (Magic Kingdom)
- Rosie's All-American Café (Hollywood Studios)
- Restaurantosaurus (Animal Kingdom)
- Sleepy hollow (Magic Kingdom)
- Fife & Drum Tavern (Epcot)
- The Friar's Nook (Magic Kingdom)
- Pizzafari (Animal Kingdom)
- Eight Spoon Café (Animal Kingdom)
- Promenade Refreshments (Epcot)
- Cheshire Cafe (Magic Kingdom)
- Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant (Magic Kingdom)
- Harambe Market (Animal Kingdom)
- The Trolley Car Café (Hollywood Studios)
We made a video on our last tour to Be our Guest to show you a little better! He follows:
Buffet/Self Service Meals
I don't know about you but since when child I always loved a buffet, all right, I was always a chubby kid who ate a lot, well, nothing really changed heehhehe. Joking apart, buffets can be an excellent option to take your children.
The wide variety found in the different self services of disney play in your favor, you will hardly find excellent options for food for your child. But like everything in life, everything has its price, and buffets are indeed a saltier option for your pocket, so be prepared if your family trip is a little more economical.
- Cape May Cafe (Disney's Beach Club Resort)
- Hollywood & Vine (Hollywood Studios)
- The Crystal Palace (Magic Kingdom)
- The Wave. . . of American Flavors (Disney's Contemporary Resort)
- 1900 Park Fare (Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa)
- Garden grove (Walt Disney World Swan Hotel)
- Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party (Magic Kingdom) ? it's a dessert buffet!
- Tusker House Restaurant (Animal Kingdom)
- Frozen Ever After Dessert Party (Epcot)
- Garden Grill Restaurant (Epcot)
- Liberty Tree Tavern (Magic Kingdom)
Snacks for Kids at Disney
Well, go to disney with kids and not eating any snacks is really very difficult, the temptation is great on all sides.
Virtually anywhere you go inside the disney resort you will find something to eat. Especially inside the parks.
Okay, they might not be the best food options for kids at disney, especially when it comes to nutritional values.
Snacks, like all other types of food, are extremely personal and will vary greatly according to the taste of the child and adults looking for them.
I, for example, was never a big fan of ice cream, but I heard so much about Dole Whip Float I had to try it, and honestly, I didn't regret it at all, it's really fantastic and can be found at Magic Kingdom at Aloha Isle as shown in the video below!
In the list below, there is a certainty, you will find wonderful snacks, from popcorn, ice cream sandwich, ice cream and many other delights that only disney can provide for a food not so healthy, but delicious for your children and for you dads and moms.
- Auntie Gravity's Galactic Goodies (Magic Kingdom)
- Anandapur Ice Cream Truck (Animal Kingdom)
- Test Track Cool Wash (Epcot)
- Aloha Isle (Magic Kingdom) ? for the famous Dole Whip!
- Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie (Epcot)
- Gardens Kiosk (Magic Kingdom)
- Downtown Snow Company (Disney springs)
- Storybook Treats (Magic Kingdom)
- Hollywood Scoops (Hollywood Studios)
- Dino-Bite Snacks (Animal Kingdom)
- Gelati (Epcot)
- Plaza Ice Cream Parlor (Magic Kingdom)
- Tamu Tamu Refreshments (Animal Kingdom)
- Cool Ship (Magic Kingdom)
- Fountain View (Epcot)
- Trilo-Bites (Animal Kingdom)
- Main Street Bakery (Magic Kingdom)
- Taste Track (Epcot)
Well, the name says it all, doesn't it? Those themed restaurants its main feature is its decoration, jokes aside, the vast majority of themed restaurants that we have had the opportunity to visit, had the food more or less.
However, kids can be less demanding when it comes to food quality, so these can be good places to feed kids at Disney.
Some are very famous and sought after by Brazilians such as T-rex and PLAnet Hollywood, both in Disney Springs. The cool thing is that the theme tends to please children a lot and often guarantee a more pleasant dinner for parents.
- T-Rex (Disney Springs)
- Rainforest Cafe (Animal Kingdom)
- Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant (Hollywood Studios)
- Whispering Canyon Cafe (Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort)
- Planet Hollywood Observatory (Disney Springs)
- Coral Reef Restaurant (Epcot)
- 50's Prime Time Cafe (Hollywood Studios)
- Garden View Tea Room (Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa)
- Fork and Screen Dine-In Theaters (Disney Springs)
Restaurants with presentations
Another cool option is restaurants which has presentations and shows, sure of fun and animation not only for your children but for you while eat.
Usually these restaurants are usually much more expensive, after all, you are not paying just for dinner, but for a dinner and a show.
The food it's usually good, a bit higher than that found along the parks, but the average price is much higher, so it's a matter of considering whether the cost will be worth the benefit.
Not all shows are attractive to children, and it is understandable, no child at disney want to sit for hours eating, they want to run to attractions heehhehe.
- Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show (Disney's Polynesian Resort)
- Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue (The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort)
- Rivers of Light Dining Package (Animal Kingdom)
What did you think ? If you have any questions or if you want us to put more information in this post, let us know!!
See you in tomorrow's post!
I hope again that this post helped you in your research for your trip to Disney or Orlando.
As a way to help us keep the blog going, we just ask you to help us by sharing this publication and subscribing to our social networks as Facebook, Instagram or Youtube channel.
In addition to helping us, we are sure that there you will find hundreds of useful posts for your trip!
About the Author Carlos Braga:
Unparalleled experience in Orlando and Disney! As a former Universal Orlando team member and a passionate devotee of the magic of Disney, I have become a true Orlando travel expert. Before becoming a renowned travel consultant dedicated to Orlando, I had already made hundreds of visits to the parks, cultivating my knowledge and passion mainly over the last 7 years as a consultant and specialist in Disney travel.
My journey into this enchanted world began in 1995, when I took my first trip to Orlando. Since then, my love for Disney and the city has only grown. In 2023, we celebrate the sixth anniversary of 'Partiu Disney Parks', consolidating our role as one of the main sources of information about Disney and Orlando Parks.
During these six years of existence, we have continued to offer quality and updated content, being the reliable source for all those looking for essential information to plan their trip to Disney and Orlando. With my vast experience and passion for this magical destination, I am here to guide you every step of the way towards the most incredible Orlando and Disney experience!