The new Avengers Campus Disneyland opened on June 4, 2021, in the former space called “bug's land” at Disney California Adventure.
On this post
This new Marvel-inspired area has a fun history: Iron Man (Tony Stark) developed the Avengers Campus as a place for regular people to train alongside superheroes.
As a result, Avengers Campus is an ultra-immersive experience. This is reflected in everything from the attractions to the character experiences.
Expect a visit to Avengers Campus to include heroic encounters with Captain America and Black Widow.
See the Quinjet (Avengers Jet) on the roof of Avengers Headquarters, where epic live battles take place.
At the end of the day, chances are, you feel like a superhero yourself! If you like the Avengers or your kids do, this is a must stop for you on your visit to Disneyland California.
Changes to Expect at the Disneyland Resort
After being closed for over a year during the pandemic, Disneyland theme parks in Anaheim have reopened.
Just like at Walt Disney World in Orlando, the reopening of these popular parks of amusement brought great changes.
All tickets to Disneyland must be purchased before the trip, only through online sales, as prices at the park's box office are higher. Be sure to buy your Online tickets with our recommendation and discounts.
The theme park reservation must also be made before your visit, through the official site from Disneyland.
How to get to know the Avengers Campus right now
There are currently two ways to gain access to the Avengers Campus within the Disney California Adventure theme park.
The first is to book virtual queue ride access to “WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure”. We'll talk a little more about that in this post!
The second way to see Avengers Campus is to wait in line outside Golden Vines Winery.
Waiting in that line allows you to enter the area for dinner or shopping and riding the Guardians of the Galaxy.
DOES NOT allow you to ride the WEB SLINGERS attraction.
The only way to do this is through a virtual queue reservation.
Expect to wait a looooooong time in this queue.
And one more thing: you can order food on your cell phone before entering the Avengers Campus, but you still have to wait in the waiting line to enter the land.
Only people with a virtual queue pass for WEB SLINGERS can enter the area without waiting in line.
As the park's capacity increases, I expect to see the queue lifted, allowing more guests to enter this area.
But for now, plan on waiting to get in if you don't have a virtual pass for the WEB SLINGERS queue.
WEB SLINGERS: The Spider-Man Adventure Ride
This is Disney, so every attraction has a story. And usually an amazing story by the way.
The story of the WEB SLINGERS is this: the Worldwide Engineering Brigade (also known as WEB) is opening the house to showcase its latest inventions.
Unfortunately, Peter Parker's Spider-Bots are running amok and threaten to destroy the Avengers Campus.
That's where you come in!
This fun 3D ride turns riders into superheroes.
This interactive tour, similar to Toy Story: Midway Mania, allows pilots to spin and throw webs like Spider-Man, thanks to some innovative technologies.
Visitors simply wave their hands and see their ?webs? destroying Spider-Bots on screens.
Points are tracked and there are ways to earn bonuses.
There is no height requirement for WEB SLINGERS, which means everyone in the family can enjoy it.
Families will sit four by four in a row in each vehicle.
The tour has a single passenger line, although this is currently unavailable.
How to ride the WEB SLINGERS: The Spider-Man Adventure Ride
Access to WEB SLINGERS is only available through a virtual queue.
This is the same system used for the Rise of the Resistance in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge.
There is no waiting line available for WEB SLINGERS, so if you haven't booked a boarding group through the app, you won't be able to ride the attraction.
How the WEB SLINGERS virtual queue works
- Download the Disneyland app to your smartphone.
- Boarding group windows open each morning at 7 am and again at noon.
- The 7:00 virtual line is only available to guests who hold a valid park ticket with an initial Disney California Adventure park reservation.
- The midday line is available to anyone who has a park ticket or DCA ticket that was scanned at a park that day.
- Only one place in the virtual queue can be held at a time, so you must choose between WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure and Rise of the Resistance.
When it's time for your boarding group to ride the attraction, you'll be notified in the Disneyland app, so check back often.
Go straight to the Avengers Campus main entrance. Look for the "Virtual Line" queue and enter there, as if it were a FastPass +.
You will need to show your credentials to enter.
Can I ride WEB SLINGERS if I don't join the virtual queue?
Unfortunately not yet.
The only way to ride Disneyland's newest attraction is through the virtual queue on the Disneyland app.
But you can still shop, dine, watch characters and experience Guardians of the Galaxy.
Note that, on opening day, the queue for this stand-by stretched all the way to Paradise Gardens and back – an hour-long wait!
If you don't have the virtual queue pass and need to wait in standby mode, consider watching the queue throughout the day.
It is normal for queues to get much shorter at dusk.
Guardians of the Galaxy – MISSION: Breakout!
Formerly located in Hollywood Land, Guardians of the Galaxy – MISSION: Breakout! joined the rest of the gang on Avengers Campus.
This exhilarating ride features unexpected drops and a variety of rock songs that change each time you ride.
Now that Guardians of the Galaxy has moved, you'll need to wait in line to enter Avengers Campus in order to ride the attraction.
The good news is that Guardians of the Galaxy does not require a virtual queue.
You can wait in a regular line to ride this attraction.
It is worth noting that Guardians of the Galaxy has a height requirement of 103 cm or 3 ft 4″.
But this is still a terrifying attraction, especially for those who don't like sudden falls.
If younger kids (or less adventurous in your group) don't want to ride, use the Rider Swap service.
Pym Test Kitchen Quick Service Dining
Ant-Man and the Wasp used pym particles to create food that is supersized and tiny.
It's a whimsical touch that makes an amazing addition to the Avengers Campus.
This Disneyland Quick Service restaurant will be open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
While there may be some restaurants available in Pym Test Kitchen, it's best to rely on mobile ordering.
Dining at the Pym Test Kitchen is an Avengers Campus attraction in and of itself.
In addition to the quirky food, there are many quirks in the restaurant itself that kids will love.
Highlights on the menu and dining area:
- In the ordering area, watch the big and small pretzels change in size, thanks to the “pym particles”.
- Cinna-Pym Toast, always expanded, served for breakfast.
- Pym-ini is a panini sandwich with marinara sauce. Brought a large group? Consider ordering the $$ 99.99 Family Pym-ini to feed 8 people!
- Impossible ?meatballs? herbal in large and mini sizes.
- Quantum Pretzel, an oversized pretzel that is enlarged by a quantum tunnel (of course!) and comes with beer cheese mustard sauce.
- Pingo Doce, a bright green carbonated drink from Avengers lore found in Freestyle Coke machines. The flavor is a delicious not-too-sweet lemon-lime with vanilla. Look up at the giant soda cans that feed the dispensers!
- Not so little chicken sandwich, served with teriyaki sauces and red pepper and cabbage salad on a tiny bun. My ?special eater? managed to order his meal with everything on the side.
Additional Meals and Snacks at Avengers Campus Disneyland
Pym Tasting Lab (mobile order available) – Located next to the Pym Test Kitchen and offers alcoholic beverages and beer cocktails.
Watch the reverse draft system fill the cups from the bottom to the top!
Shawarma Palace (go upstairs only to order) – Two locations with food carts, one near the WEB SLINGERS entrance, the second closer to the Guardians of the Galaxy.
It features Mediterranean-style wraps, including an impossible meatless variety.
Terran Treats (orders only) – Snack cart located next to Guardians of the Galaxy. Offers 2 dessert options including Sweet Spiral Ration (pineapple flavored spiral churro) and Cosmic Cream Orb (crunchy cream puff with purple whipped raspberry cheesecake center).
Mobile Ordering (Mobile Ordering)
More than ever, mobile ordering through the Disneyland app is a must.
For anyone wanting to enjoy dinner on Avengers Campus, I recommend ordering first thing in the morning.
The app may ask guests to wait until the ground before ordering.
Plan meal times and review menus before you travel.
While you wait in line to enter the park in the morning, order all snacks and meals for the day via mobile ordering.
The app will send a push notification to your phone when the mobile order pickup window opens.
Then just press ?Prepare my order? when you're at the restaurant and ready to pick up!
Character Encounter at the Avengers Campus
It wouldn't be a Disney theme park without characters meet ?n greets.
And while character encounters are happening with social distancing (at least for now), Avengers Campus does a great job of letting visitors see their favorite superheroes from popular Marvel comics and movies.
Some of the Avengers Campus character appearances and live entertainment have specific showtimes.
Find them daily in the Disneyland app.
Here's what to expect when it comes to character interactions:
- Note the Spider man as he swings from rooftops and chats with guests. There is an animatronic version that is next level!
- Thor and Black Widow were seen atop Avengers HQ.
- Ant-Man and Iron Man posed with guests at the base of the same building.
- Experience the mystical arts alongside Doctor Strange in the Ancient Sanctuary.
- Black Panther, Wasp and Captain America chat and stop for photos next to an Avengers vehicle.
- Not everything is "good guys". There are some villains too. Loki is expected to show up, as well as Taskmaster, who battles it out on the roof of Avengers Headquarters.
What else can kids do at Avengers Campus Disneyland?
Yes, Disneyland's Avengers Campus is for Marvel super fans.
And kids love Spider-Man, so the WEB SLINGERS attraction is ideal.
What else is there for the kids inside Avengers Campus?
- Train alongside General Okoye and the Dora Milaje. Black Panther's bodyguards expound the wisdom of Wakanda.
- Play in the Disney Parks App, an interactive game that incorporates different areas around Disneyland parks. My 9 year old son loves to compete with me on movie trivia!
- Join Star-Lord and Gamora for music-filled guest interaction in Guardians of the Galaxy: Ultimate Dance Off!
- Buy a WEB technology souvenir. It's a plus-up for WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure. Use the technology on the ride and play with it like a toy when you get back home.
- Enjoy a kid-friendly non-alcoholic drink in the Pym Test Kitchen. The Proton PB&J Punch combines lemonade with peanut butter and strawberry flavors with whipped cream and pretzel topping.
- Or try the giant Choco-Smash CANDY BAR, a layered dessert of dark chocolate, walnuts, caramel, nougat and brownie!
Avengers Campus Shopping and Merchandise
Naturally, this themed area includes plenty of opportunities to shop (you're at Disney after all, right?).
Here are some of the stores and products you can find there!
Web Suppliers (located in front of the WEB SLINGERS promenade)
Purchase accessories from WEB Tech to enhance your game play in WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure.
Costs range from US $ 24.99 to US $ 29.99.
It can be used in the attraction, and children can play with it later as a toy.
Web vendors also sell Spider-Bots toys in a variety of sizes and styles for at-home play.
Campus Supply Pod (located next to the Pym Test Kitchen)
Outdoor shopping kiosk with a variety of clothing.
The Collector's Warehouse (inside the exit for Guardians of the Galaxy)
Wide variety of superhero collectibles, toys, action figures and comics.
What's yet to come on Avengers Campus
The great attraction that is yet to come for this area will send recruits on a Quinjet flight to Wakanda and beyond.
This trip is expected to put guests in the action as they fly alongside the Avengers.
The Walt Disney Company has yet to announce any details about this upcoming attraction, which will be installed inside the Avengers Headquarters building.
This article will be updated as information becomes available.
I hope again that this post helped you in your research for your trip to Disney or Orlando.
As a way to help us keep the blog going, we just ask you to help us by sharing this publication and subscribing to our social networks as Facebook, Instagram or Youtube channel.
In addition to helping us, we are sure that there you will find hundreds of useful posts for your trip!
About the Author Carlos Braga:
Unparalleled experience in Orlando and Disney! As a former Universal Orlando team member and a passionate devotee of the magic of Disney, I have become a true Orlando travel expert. Before becoming a renowned travel consultant dedicated to Orlando, I had already made hundreds of visits to the parks, cultivating my knowledge and passion mainly over the last 7 years as a consultant and specialist in Disney travel.
My journey into this enchanted world began in 1995, when I took my first trip to Orlando. Since then, my love for Disney and the city has only grown. In 2023, we celebrate the sixth anniversary of 'Partiu Disney Parks', consolidating our role as one of the main sources of information about Disney and Orlando Parks.
During these six years of existence, we have continued to offer quality and updated content, being the reliable source for all those looking for essential information to plan their trip to Disney and Orlando. With my vast experience and passion for this magical destination, I am here to guide you every step of the way towards the most incredible Orlando and Disney experience!